1) Only in America could a president talk about the ‘greed of the rich’ at a $40,000 a plate campaign fund raising event in Hollywood .
2) Only in America could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when we have a black President, Eric Holder a black Attorney General, Valerie Jarrett Senior Advisor to the President, Lisa Jackson is the EPA Administrator, Ron Kirk is the U.S. Trade Representative, Charles Bolden is the NASA Administrator and Susan Rice is the UN Ambassador and roughly 18% of the federal workforce is black. While just 12% of the population is black.
5) Only in America would we make people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege — while we discuss letting anyone who sneaks into the country illegally just become American citizens. Think about it.
7) Only in America could you need to present a driver’s license to cash a check, buy alcohol or board an airplane — but not to vote. (and have an Attorney General that sues states that want voter ID laws)
8) Only in America could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public because the price of gas went up when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company ( Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike). And the feds collect four times more in tax than the oil company makes.
10) Only in America could the rich people who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their “fair share” by people who don’t pay any income taxes at all.
…”Be men,be free men,that your children may bless their father’s name”…
–Sam Houston (eve of San Jacinto Apr. 20 1836)